You work out every day and watch what to eat, but your weight doesn’t seem to budge! It can get frustrating, but there is something more to consider in the weight loss puzzle: toxins. We pick up toxins everywhere and they take a huge toll on health and body weight. They disrupt hormones and are terrible for your thyroid gland (metabolism regulator). Toxins unbalance your body by:
- Changing your appetite
- Causing inflammation
- Causing weight gain
- Clinging to your fat cells
Your body takes care of itself
Mainly it does so by stashing these toxins in layers of fat. Once enveloped by fat, the toxins can’t harm other organs. This is the body’s natural defense mechanism.
Toxins encourage your body to produce fat cells
Small amounts of BPA, a chemical found in plastics, cause obesity. The study found that BPA:
- Increased fat cell production
- Reduced insulin sensitivity
- Had hormone disrupting effects.
All these factors lead to an increase in fat cells and weight gain. Thus, to lose weight you first need to get rid of the toxins and limit your exposure.
Avoid: Don’t eat processed or pre-packed foods. Avoid frozen meals, seed oils and soybeans. Skip foods with additives, colorants or preservatives.
Reduce: Reduce exposure to pollutants from air, water and other artificial items. Plastics, cleaning agents and laundry detergents are common places the body picks up toxins from. Shop around to find products that have fewer toxic chemicals.
Consume: Eat the foods below to detoxify and lose weight.
- Fresh Vegetables: Eat plenty of veggies like broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower. They’re full of antioxidants that fight free radicals. They actually help your liver remove toxins faster.
- Dark Greens: Choose green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and Swiss chard. They are potent detox foods. The antioxidants in these dark greens help liver functions.
- Sulphur rich foods: Sulfur rich plant foods include garlic, asparagus, avocado, onions and shallots. They improve your liver’s natural detoxification process.
- Organic food: Include foods with plenty of good bacteria, like kefir and Greek yoghurt, and remember to buy organic, for less pesticides. Make clean eating a part of your daily life and watch the stubborn fat melt away for good.
© 2016 – VIDA Magazine – Daniel Petre